“Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:7.
One of the reasons we fight for democracy, is that it is hard to find a perfect ruler who is trustworthy, without a private agenda, and who is really for the people. We see kingdoms and governments imploding all over the world as ruthless leaders are being ousted and brought to justice, and we are reminded of the truth: “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” The kingdoms of this world are filled with stories of greed, corruption, violence, lust, evil and selfishness as people remain victims of society; the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
We, however, can rejoice that in the Kingdom of our God we have a King who:
1) Is for ALL People. He is Savior of all mankind. “And all mankind will see God’s salvation.” Luke 3:6.
2) Loves the people. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16.
3) Sacrificed for the people. “And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.” Hebrews 13:12.
4) Fights for His people. “One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised.” Joshua 23:10.
5) Plans to prosper His people. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29: 11.
Yes, our King is Jesus Christ our Savior and we live in His Kingdom of righteousness, peace and joy.
I am safe in the Kingdom of my Savior and King, Jesus Christ.
Read the Bible in One Year: Zechariah 1-4; Revelation 18