“You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Ps. 16:11).
Core values are personal beliefs and values by which we form the foundation of our life’s choices, behavior, and work. Your core values will determine how you live, work, play, and with whom. You should think, create, and decide upon your core values and integrate them in every area of your life. They will keep you on the path of your God-designed destiny.
The intentional growth of Jesus reflects His focused life and core values. “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature (power, honor, maturity), and in favor with God (worship, prayer, obedience) and in favor with men (prominence, wealth, influence).” Luke 2:52. The core values of Jesus are described in seven CHAYIL Pillars: worship, wisdom, power, honor, favor, wealth, and influence.
Our seven CHAYIL Pillars and core values:
1. Worship. Jesus’ prayer life and His obedience to His Father was a displayed of true worship.
2. Wisdom. Jesus grew and demonstrated His wisdom in the choices He made and His behaviour always.
3. Power. The power of Jesus amazed others: His power to control Himself and nature; His strength of character; His supernatural miracles; His power of over death; and His power to endure the cross.
4. Honor. He honored His Father as seen in His mission statement, “Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.” John 4:34, NKJV. He honored and loved others, even the poor and lepers.
5. Favor. He grew in favor with God and with people.
6. Wealth. His favor with people attracted financial and loving support even to His death.
7. Influence. His influence continues today in our world, in His Church, Christianity, and eternally in heaven and on earth.
“Wisdom has built her house, she has hewn out her seven pillars.” Proverb 9:1, NKJV. Like Jesus, we can also build our lives on the seven CHAYIL Pillars for a prosperous life and legacy.
I aim to grow and be like Jesus to serve Him in His mission to save the world and to fill the earth with His Glory.
Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 4-6; Matthew 2