The wise men “asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.” (Matt. 2:2).
We continue to rejoice in our Jesus our King of kings and LORD of lords. Jesus is worthy of our worship. Jesus is worthy of our faithful service.
Unlike earthly kings and rulers:
1) He makes the people His Royal Family. “For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. (Eph. 3:14,15). We are a part of the royal family of God.
2) His Kingdom is everlasting. “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.” (Luke 1:32-33).
3) His Kingdom is above all others. “He is far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.” (Eph. 1:21).
4) We can trust Him to never leave nor forsake us. Nothing “will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 8:39).
5) Our King is God. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Rev 1:8).
Yes, we are in the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of God is within us. We are, therefore, safe, secure, significant and satisfied.
My King Jesus is King of Heaven and on Earth. He rules and reigns in the hearts of His people.
Read the Bible in One Year: Zechariah 5-8; Revelation 19