“Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the LORD had commanded Moses.” (Deut. 34:9).
The Bible exalts wisdom as one of the greatest gift with many benefits:
- “Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.” (Prov. 4:7).
- Wisdom releases blessings from God, “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding.” (Prov. 3:13).
- Wisdom provides protection and continual guidance, “Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.” (Prov. 4:6).
- Wisdom creates a great future for its keeper, “Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.” (Prov. 24:14).
- Wisdom brings joy to parents, “A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father.” (Prov. 29:3).
Joshua was filled with the spirit of wisdom and became the exalted leader of millions. Jesus grew in wisdom. With the greatness of wisdom, we have a great promise from God, “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5). Today ask, believe, and receive greater wisdom.
I ask, believe, and receive greater wisdom for greater manifested glory.
Read the Bible in One Year: Proverbs 25-26; 2 Corinthians 9.