“But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.” Luke 1:30-31.
We are in an age of God’s Manifested Glory in our world. We hear on the news and see all around increased acts of violence, terrorism, poverty, and people’s hearts infused with fear. God is Savior of our world and as He does throughout the ages, when the evil reaches a tipping point in the world, He comes down and glorify willing servants to show forth His Glory. God’s CHAYIL (powerful) Glory will topple the evil in our world with the force of His Glory manifesting as peace to topple violence, love to topple hate, goodness to topple poverty, wisdom to topple deception, faith to topple fear, and truth to topple deception. “For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2.
Mary, after being told that she would be the mother of Jesus, her Messiah, by a miraculous immaculate conception, was afraid.
• She feared that evil would come against her through religious people, satanic forces, family. She felt she had no protection. Her word of comfort, “Do not be afraid, God is with you.” (Isaiah 43:5).
• She feared for her security without Joseph. Her word of comfort, “The LORD is your shepherd and provider” (Psalm 23:1).
• She feared for her life, she could be stoned to death. Her word of comfort, “God is your hiding place”. (Psalm 32:7).
• She feared the people. Her word of comfort, “The LORD will keep you safe and protect you from such people forever.” (Psalm 12:7).
• She feared she was just a teenager. Her word of comfort, “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.” Psalm 37:25.
Mary is blessed among women because she did not give into her fear. Her faith in God became stronger that her fear and she grew stronger and stronger amid her challenges. Today, do not fear. God is greater than evil. Instead of expecting evil, expect His Glory to rise upon you. CHAYIL Glory is the manifested power and glory of our LORD Jesus Christ in and through His servants. This is your year to shine with God’s Glory in you, upon you, and flowing through you.
The LORD is my light, Salvation and Stronghold of my heart.
Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 7-9; Matthew 3