“It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.” ( 2 Cor. 4:13”.
A spirit of faith is an attitude of faith; a personality of faith, and a lifestyle of faith. A spirit of faith believes for the impossible and reaches for the unreachable. A spirit of faith speaks words of faith. Jesus taught His disciples how to develop and nurture a spirit of faith.
A spirit of faith:
1) Develop and nurture faith in God. “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.” (Mark 11:22). When your natural power is not enough to give you victory and accomplishments go greater in God.
2) Believes all things are possible. Jesus’ response to a doubting father who was asking for a miracle “Everything is possible for him who believes.” (Mark 9:23).
3) Speaks words of faith. Paul instructed his spiritual son Timothy feed and keep his life strong with words of faith. “If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed.” (1 Tim.4:6).
4) Listens for instructions. God often gives instruction for practical actions to activate supernatural miracles, “Then he (Jesus) said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”(Luke 17:19)
5) Work towards a miracle. “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” (James 2:26). Do something new for new results. Step towards your miracle (do research, make phone calls, write, email, plan, etc). Develop, Believe, Speak, Listen, Act and Nurture a spirit of faith.
For with God all things are possible. I live by faith and is working my faith.
Read the Bible in One Year: Psalm 146-147; 1 Corinthians 15:1-28.