“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jer. 29:11).
A new year is a time of reflection, creating, and planning. To set life goals is to use your power to create and rule your world. It will allow you to answer important questions such as, “What do I want for my life this year?” and “How am I going to achieve it?” If you aim at nothing you will succeed at nothing.
Ideas for setting goals:
1) Pray. Involve God in your planning knowing that you are in a process of discovering His great plan for you. “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” (Prov. 16:3). You have the privilege of the power of the Holy Spirit to guide and help you.
2) Dream. Dream, brainstorm, and write down your ideas. At this time don’t think of the ‘how’. Our focus is on the ‘what’. What you want to do, to achieve, to have, and to become.
3) Timing. Prioritize importance for each goal, select time-frames and master your world by mastering your time for each achievement.
4) Strategy. Set life goals with a balanced priority in God, health, family, work, relationships, and recreation for holistic prosperity.
5) Create. Create an Action-Plan for each goal. SEE the end, then work backward with a list of actions.
6) Start. Every small step is a victory. Start with your number 1 goal and be encouraged along the way. Get an accountable partner to motivate you if you lose track.
7) Celebrate. You are made in the image of God to speak like God words of faith to create and rule your world. Celebrate small steps for greater achievements. Enjoy you and enjoy your wonderful life with God.
Remember, Christ in you makes all things possible. The Holy Spirit through you is your strength and power. Your Heavenly Father with you is cheering you on to victory. The Glory of the LORD is rising upon you.
I am made in the image of God to speak like God words of faith to create and rule my world.
Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 1-3; Matthew 1