“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” Matthew 6:13.
It is good for us to create a support and accountability structure in our life for preservation in times of weakness, temptation, discouragement, or distress. We see four young Hebrew boys (Daniel,
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) who were living as slaves in Babylon with constant intimidation and peer pressure to conform to the Babylonian religious and cultural practises. To preserve themselves they formed a CHAYIL Power Group of four, to intentionally share, pray, encourage and be accountable to each other.
A CHAYIL Power Group (like a cell group), is a group of people who intentionally come together to engage the power of God to grow like Jesus to manifest His Glory as His servants. The benefits of being in a CHAYIL Power Group is:
1) Building a Spiritual Altar for agreement and greater authority.
2) Collective wisdom from the group with ideas, peer coaching, and protection.
3) Your significance is discovered, validated and celebrated.
5) Intentional growth in seven CHAYIL Pillars as our core values to be like Jesus in worship, wisdom, power, honor, favor, wealth and influence. (Luke 2:52).
6) Support from a committed group.
7) Fellowship and care.
The Bible states, “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Proverb 11:14). Jesus had a CHAYIL Power Group of four (Jesus, Peter, James, and John). In times of trials, temptations, and working His greatest miracles He took Peter, James and John (His closest disciples) with Him. His wisdom paid off. After His ascension to His Father, Peter evangelized the gentiles, James became the Head of His Church, John, not only looked after His mother Mary, but He also wrote books of the Bible – 1, 2, 3 John and Revelation.
I thank for the gift of a great team of Intercessors who are praying and supporting me.
Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 27-28; Matthew 8:18-36