“But just as you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us – see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” (2 Cor. 8:7).
David declared in one of his love letters to God, “Oh Lord, our Lord how excellent is your name in all the earth!” If God’s Name is excellent, He is an excellent God and to represent Him we also must develop and nurture an excellent spirit.
We are encouraged to be excellent in:
1) Faith. A lifestyle of faith pleases God and gives us the power to make our dreams a reality.
2) Speech. We create our world with words of faith spoken with wisdom and grace.
3) Knowledge. The quest for knowledge and continued learning leads to a successful life.
4) Complete earnestness. Avoid hypocrisy and negative emotions.
5) Love. Live in the continuous awareness of God’s love as you serve others with acts of love.
6) Giving. Give to God according to His word, give to others and give to the poor.
Jon Huntsman Sr. quoted: “Wealth isn’t always measured in dollar signs. We each have time, talent, and creativity, all of which can be powerful forces for positive change. Share your blessings in whatever form they come and to whatever level you have been blessed.”
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and His excellent favor for an excellent life of faith, speech, knowledge, sincerity, love, and giving is with you. You are a vessel of excellence.
I live to reflect the excellent glory of my God in all areas of my life.
Read the Bible in One Year: Ecclesiastes 1-3; 2 Corinthians 11:16-33