“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.” Eph. 6:7-8.
A spirit of excellence is manifested CHAYIL Glory. The Bible encourages us to pursue good work ethics and a spirit of excellence because the Lord will promote and reward you.
Joseph as an excellent worker:
1) His Manager was secure. “So he left in Joseph’s care everything he had; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate.” Gen. 39:6.
2) The company prospered. “From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.” Gen. 39:5.
3) He was promoted. “Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.” Gen. 39:4.
4) He prospered. “The LORD was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.” Gen. 39:2.
5) He was consistent. Treachery and lies landed him in prison but Joseph was consistent. “So the warden put Joseph in charge of all those held in the prison, and he was made responsible for all that was done there. The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph’s care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.” Gen. 39:22-23
6) God rewarded him. Joseph’s ethics, attitude, and behavior were being assessed by God for potential promotion. “So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.” Gen. 41:41. God used Joseph’s prison experience as the stepping-stone to his ultimate promotion, in charge of Egypt and with a purpose to preserve Israel.
Joseph’s work was an opportunity to share and show the glory of God. He suffered trials in His journey but He kept close to God in worship and good work ethics and God blessed Him in the midst of his enemies.
God is in me and with me always and I live to share and show His Glory.
Read the Bible in One Year: Exodus 25-26; Matthew 20:17:34