“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.” Ephesians 6:7-8.
A spirit of excellence is manifested CHAYIL Glory. The Bible encourages us to pursue good work ethics and a spirit of excellence because the Lord will promote and reward you.
Joseph as an excellent worker:
1) His Manager was secure. “So he left in Joseph’s care everything he had; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate.” Genesis 39:6.
2) The company prospered. “From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.” Genesis 39:5.
3) He was promoted. “Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.” Genesis 39:4.
4) He manifested God’s grace. “The LORD was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.” Genesis 39:2.
5) He was consistent. Treachery and lies landed him in prison but Joseph was consistent. “So the warden put Joseph in charge of all those held in the prison, and he was made responsible for all that was done there. The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph’s care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.” Genesis 39:22-23
6) God rewarded him. Joseph’s ethics, attitude, and behavior were being assessed by God for potential promotion. “So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.” Genesis 41:41. God used Joseph’s prison experience as the stepping-stone to his ultimate promotion, in charge of Egypt and with a purpose to preserve Israel.
Joseph nurtured and grew in the core values of God’s Kingdom even as Jesus and Samuel did. “And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with men.” 1 Samuel 2:26. “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” Luke 2:52. Our core values determine our lasting prosperity in all areas (life, work, relationships and health). The CHAYIL Pillars describe our intent to grow like Jesus and our core values: worship, wisdom, power, honor, favor, wealth, and influence. God’s plan for you is clearly stated, “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” 3 John 2, NKJV.
I rule my heart according to the principles of God to experience the manifested glory of God.
Read the Bible in One Year: Exodus 25-26; Matthew 20:17:34