“Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders, and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.” 1 Thessalonians 4:11,12.
Seven principles for a peaceful and successful life:
1) Purpose. Purpose to lead a life without confusion. Avoid strife and contention. Create a peaceful atmosphere in the environments that you can control – your home, your car, your work, your world.
2) Be careful. Be careful of negative involvement in people’s affairs. When you get involved in circumstances: get all the facts; be sure to listen to all sides of the story; and be open to new ideas before answering. Don’t judge without facts – that’s prejudice.
3) Work. Don’t be lazy. Be an asset to your family, company, and the Kingdom. “Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.” Proverbs 10:4.
4) Respect. Respect yourself and others will respect you. Respect others and you will grow in power. Meekness is strength in control.
5) Love. Love is a choice that makes you powerful. Love is strength in action. Love conquers all. “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
6) Live. Each day is important. Enjoy each day as a gift to you. Enjoy your world.
7) Pray. God is your Source of life, wisdom, guidance, peace, and provision.
I choose to live a peaceful and successful life in Christ.
Read the Bible in One Year: Deuteronomy 20-22; Mark 13:21-37