“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” James 3:17.
The wisdom that comes from God is described by seven attributes:
1) Pure. It is without evil inspiration and operations. It is without selfish motives.
2) Peace-loving. The main goal of God’s wisdom is to promote peace and to have peace as its outcome whenever possible.
3) Considerate. It is gentle in its approach, making allowances for others.
4) Submissive. It is not stubborn but willing to listen and respect others viewpoints.
5) Full of mercy and good fruit. It is ready to forgive others and show acts of kindness.
6) Impartial. It deals with others without prejudice and selfishness.
7) Sincere. It can be trusted as truth, without deception and hypocrisy.
Albert Einstein says: “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” As you make decisions today, remember these seven wisdom testers and you will be guided by God’s wisdom to rule your world with His peace and for your ultimate peace.
May God’s spirit of wisdom infuse my soul, renew my mind, and preserve my heart.
Read the Bible in One Year: Numbers 4-6; Mark 4:1-20